The Prevent Duty
This course is designed to build your understanding of extremism and radicalisation, how people may be drawn into terrorism and what you should do if you have a concern. Meets national Police-approved standards.
The aim of Prevent is to reduce the threat of terrorism by stopping people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism. This course will help to build your awareness and knowledge of what extremism and radicalisation are, how people may be drawn in terrorism and what you should do if you have a concern about someone. Police-approved standards.
What the course covers
This course contains one module, which comprises of the following:
- what Prevent is
- what extremism and radicalisation are
- who may be vulnerable
- how people may be drawn into terrorism
- how messages are spread
- the role of the internet and social media
- what organisations must do to comply with the Prevent duty
- support for individuals at risk
- reporting concerns.