Seven Safe Steps to Monitoring Transient Agency Workers
Once an Agency Worker has been interviewed all checks to be completed within 7 working days.
1. If we are unable to complete the checks within 7 working days due to DBS and/or references not being returned the following check will be updated: references, DBS update service and EWC before the Agency Worker will be offered work.
2. At no stage will the Agency Worker be offered work until all checks are complete.
Continuous Safeguarding checks are under taken and are dependent on the gap in service of the Agency Worker. As follows:
3. Prior to the Agency Worker’s first assignment
Agency Worker’s pack is audited if first day of work is less than 20 days since registration. If the gap in employment is more than 20 days since registration the Agency Worker’s checks are updated according to the gap in service with Bay Resourcing.
5. Gap in service of between 90-180 days
DBS Update and EWC checks undertaken.
6. Gap in service of between 180 +
DBS Update and EWC checks undertaken and any gap in employment when not working for Bay Resourcing is accounted for. Up to date references are obtained