First Aid Essentials
First Aid Essentials, produced with West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust, aims to give the confidence needed to react in an incident when someone urgently needs help.
The purpose of this course is to give you a practical guide on how to handle an incident that may require first aid. The course is not intended to teach you how to be a first aider, but it is designed to give you the confidence to know what to do when someone urgently needs your help.
This three-module course delivers three CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- providing basic life support
- how to react in life-threatening situations
- how to deal with someone who is choking, drowning, seizing, bleeding or having an allergic reaction
- what to do if somebody has a broken bone or experienced a burn
- how to handle day-to-day incidents such as nosebleeds, insect bites, stings, sprains and strains and sunburn.