Child Protection Fundamentals
This course provides an introduction to child protection for those whose work or volunteer activity brings them into infrequent contact with children.
This course provides an introduction to child protection offering practical advice and real-life scenarios to enable you to implement safe working practices when working or volunteering with children.
If your work brings you into regular contact with children and young people, you will require more in-depth knowledge and you should undertake one of our comprehensive Child Protection courses.
After completing the course you will:
- Understand what child abuse is, and the difference between safeguarding and child protection.
- Realise that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and that being vigilant is crucial
- Recognise some of the signs of abuse and the characteristics of neglect
- Know how to respond if you have a concern or if a child confides abuse to you
- Know how to share information and how to deal with allegations against staff in your organisation
- Have considered different real-life scenarios to enable you to implement good and safe working practices.