Child Protection, endorsed by Kidscape and Family Lives, is written to provide a basic awareness of child protection and introduces the fundamentals for anyone whose paid or unpaid work or leisure activity brings them into contact with children and young people.
Child protection is about protecting children from violence, exploitation, abuse and neglect and keeping them safe from harm. It is about promoting the health and welfare of children and young people helping them to grow up in a safe and supportive environment.
This course is important for anyone that works with children and young people in any capacity to be aware of their typical developmental stages and progressions of development.
This five module course delivers five CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- what forms child abuse can take and the effects it can have
- signs that may mean a child is suffering abuse and how to respond if a child confides in you
- processes for reporting abuse
- the child protection system
- good practice guidelines.